Sunrise Bait Blog
Winter Steelhead !
Ed Rice - Friday, February 03, 2012
2-3-2012 Winter Steelhead are showing up on the Oregon coast and in some pretty good numbers. The early hatchery runs were good in December and January and now the broodstock and natives are piling in. The last couple shots of rain have really pulled in large schools and that should continue for the month of February and March. Basically there are fish in most streams, you just have to pick a spot depending on weather, water height and of course fishing pressure. I like to fish smaller streams in high water and then as rivers drop and clear head for the larger rivers. A lot of things work for steelhead but my favorite choice is boraxed cured eggs together with a corky or yarn. Pink ,orange, and red seem to work well but green has a spot in my tackle box as well. Sand Shrimp work well if you can find them too. In really clear water I like small baits of just eggs. Check out the recent gallery photos and feel free to post yours on our Sunrisebait facebook page. We have a good supply of our boraxed cured eggs for steelhead in stock as well as our Regular cured eggs. Good luck fishing!!! Ed
- SunriseBait Products Update
- Sunrisebait Fall Egg Products
- Spring Fisheries.. Got bait?
- Spring Chinook time-Tuna bellies-Green label Herring
- Winter Steelhead !
- Northwest Outdoor Adventure Show
- Flash frozen eggs-Pre butterflied
- Sunrisebait Cured egg Sale
- Reel Tackle Shop- Opening Sandy Oregon
- Fresh Uncured Salmon Eggs